Saturday 24 August 2013

Best high end and drugstore foundation! | a-reill

Posted by Unknown at 05:58
Hey everybody!
 
Sorry I haven't really posted for a few days. Rather than the lack of posts being down to busy-ness, it  was actually down to I didn't know what to write about.. But, I finally came to the conclusion that I was going to discuss my favourite high end and low end foundation! For high end I've picked out the Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat, and for drugstore I've chosen Bourjous' Healthy Mix serum.
 

 
 
Bourjous: Shade 51 - light vanilla/vanille clair
YSL: Shade BR20
Both foundations contain 30ml of product, which is pretty much the universal amount for a foundation.
They both also contain a pump, pictured here.
 
 
Swatches
(Left YSL, Right Bourjous - both in natural daylight)
 
 
Reviews-YSL
This foundation is an illuminating foundation, and therefore has a dewy finish. This is one thing I'm not too keen on. Once mattified with powder, it's a lot more manageable for my oily skin. Having oily skin, I personally think that dewy or radiance foundations don't do much for me, specifically my nose - which is ridiculously shiny. The shade of this foundation is ok.. I was matched for it and given a 7 day sample, and this is the shade I was given, and I then purchased for my Mum's wedding.. and I do feel it is a little bit too pink for me. I have yellow/olive undertones but I am still pale, which is weird because most pale people have pinker undertones. The consistency is nice and smooth, and it does apply well. Once on I do find it creases in my forehead lines and under my eyes when it's settled after about 5 minutes, but this isn't too much of an issue, as all I have to do is blend the lines in with my fingers. It does last all of a school day on me - which is about 12 hours (when I finally take it off) which in all fairness is good, even if I do have to touch it up with powder throughout the day, but this is more my personal preference. I do really love this foundation. I find my skin looks healthier and more radiant when applied. The coverage I would say is light to medium buildable, but I'm not really an expert! I have tried other high end foundations, such as ones from Esteé Lauder and Lancôme, and I do prefer this one, I just wish the shade was more yellowy! I use this as my going out/special occasions foundation, as it is really expensive (to me), as it's £29 from Boots! It's a very natural looking foundation, and it is described as "liquid skin in a bottle" (as by the women at the YSL desk I visited), and I definitely would say it is! Overall a lovely, natural, foundation. I would recommend it more towards drier skin types, but I make it work, and I'm glad I can because it is an amazing product!
 
Review-Bourjous
This foundation is supposedly a "semi-matte" finish, which I suppose is dewy. As with the YSL one, I make it work, even though it probably is supposed to lean towards drier skin types. It's a gel based foundation, which is supposed to help with blendability, as the bottle claims it's an "instant blending gel, flawless complexion, undetectable coverage". I would say its a light to medium buildable coverage. I have more to say about this foundation, as it is my everyday choice and it's my 3rd bottle of the stuff - so here we go. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. Ok so it's probably not supposed to work for me very well, but it does, and I love what it does to my complexion and my skin. First off- it smells INCREDIBLE, like lychee, goji berries and pomegranate. The coverage is light to medium buildable, but it doesn't cake. It can look greasy if too much is applied though. The colour is PERFECT for me. Bourjous being absolute babes, have made their foundations yellow toned. YES YES YES. WIN. So no matter what coverage or finish I'm looking for, I will always be able to choose exactly the right shade from Bourjous, even with a tan! That immediately gives the foundation a heads up from me, as getting the right shade can totally change your opinion on a product! I love the formula. It applies seamlessly into my skin with my fingers, as well as my Real Techniques expert face brush, and leaves me looking flawless, and not overly dewy. I do powder my face, especially my t-zone, but some of the glow still does show through which is good, as I'm not too much of an expert at highlighting.. I always seem to put it slightly in the wrong place and then it just looks awful! The packaging.. isn't the best aspect of the product, it does look a little cheap, but the plastic bottle is quite sturdy, I nearly mistook it for glass when I first purchased it! Its £10.99 a bottle, which is pretty much a THIRD of the price of the YSL one, and I would kind of say it's almost a dupe, which could explain why I like them both so much! It has been compared to one of the Chanel foundations (Vitalumiére aqua maybe?) as been almost identical, which does make sense as Chanel owns Bourjous (Fact of the day for you!). Anyway back on track Abby.. It lasts a full day on me, again with touch ups of powder, and to be honest it is my holy grail foundation. I recommend this to everyone! Perhaps not older ladies though, as it might settle into fine lines, I'm not entirely sure though, so anyway, go and BUY IT!!
 
Face Swatches (Sorry I look so miserable!)
 


 
Left YSL, Right Bourjous
Excuse the fact I have no other makeup on and my brown "division line" makes my nose look the size of Jupiter :(
 
Thank you for taking the time to read this as it was a very lengthy post and I apologise for that!
Will you be going out to buy either of these foundations? I would if I was you!!xx
 
Bourjous Healthy Mix serum - £10.99 from drugstores eg. Boots and Superdrug
YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat - £29 (may vary slightly) from most good retailers eg. Boots, Debenhams and House of Frazer.
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

a-reill.blogspot.com Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos