Sunday 18 August 2013

NOTD: Perfect Paisley.. or not? | a-reill

Posted by Unknown at 08:36
Hello again:-)..

Just a quick NOTD post for you all.. I went out for a family meal today, so I thought it was appropriate to try out some nail art with my new Barry M nail art pen, and needless to say it didn't go the best.. I'm used to using the Models Own nail art pen, or dotting tools with polish, so perhaps trying out an intricate design with a new tool wasn't the best idea I ever had.. but oh well, I tried!
 
The photo below shows you the products I used:

(Products left to right - Sally Hansen nailgrowth miracle, Miss Sporty clubbing colours nail varnish in 320/Pop Fiction, Nail art pen by Barry M in white, Cutex nourishing nail varnish remover)
 
I firstly applied the Sally Hansen polish as a base-coat, and I would highly recommend it! I bit my nails to shreds for years, and only this year have a grown them, purely for the willpower to have nice nails for my Mum's wedding (which I did)! This helped tremendously, and I really do think it helps your nails strengthen and grow, however it does work best solo, rather than a basecoat, but anyway its still good, yet pricey for £10. The Miss Sporty polish was then applied in 2 coats. I felt the fan shaped brush helped on my wider nails, but having narrow pinkies, I felt that I had to use the brush sideways to make sure I didn't overspill it onto the surrounding skin. Its quite opaque for only £1.99, but I'm not sure how well it will do on the longevity side of things.. but its still a gorgeous, deep, cornflower blue colour - sort of a darker Essie Bikini So Teeny, but no shimmer. Now the nail art pen.. I adore the formula of this, it would be perfect for French manicure tips, and on the nail art aspect it is a really good concept and design. For £5 a tube, I don't feel it is too expensive, but I'm not sure how long a 'tube' (if you like) will last. You do however, need to make sure your nail polish is completely dry underneath, or it doesn't really apply properly and smoothly. So here's the design I tried to create.. note the word TRIED.
 
 
PAISLEY! 
 
 
I do think it looks rather cute.. perhaps more-so if it was applied a bit better. I sealed in the design with some more of the Sally Hansen clear polish, as I am yet to find a decent topcoat. I was thinking perhaps buying a miniature bottle of Seche Vite? Not sure if it's worth the hype, as I've heard some mixed reviews on it. Anyway that's all for this post? Will you be trying to replicate this design? If you do, I hope it turns out better than mine did!!! xx
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

a-reill.blogspot.com Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos