Tuesday 20 August 2013

What's in my makeup bag and how much is my face worth? | a-reill

Posted by Unknown at 06:55
Hello lovelies!
 
So today I thought I'd do a post showing you what I keep in my makeup bag, I wont go into too much detail about what I think of each product as I will probably do a review of some of them at some point. If you do want me to go into more detail about each thing, just comment asking me and I will be more than happy to :)
So lets get started!
 
The bag
 

I keep my everyday products in this basic navy and cream floral quilted cosmetics bag. I love the pattern, and its the perfect size to house a face-worth of makeup products. It was only £3 from my local Primark, which I thought was impressive, since it looks like it costs more than that amount.

The products
 
 
Some people would say I wear a lot of makeup products, but I don't particularly wear copious amounts of each one? So personally I don't see what the problem is with it. At least I apply my makeup correctly unlike many girls my age! I made the next photograph larger as so you can see the names of the products better.


 
(Left to right by row - FCUK colour her eyes and lips palette, Sleek contour kit in light, Bourjous little round pot blusher in 41 Healthy Mix, Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR in on and on bronze, Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 001 Translucent, Maybelline Dream Matte powder in 01 Rose Nude, Elf brightening eye colour quad in Brownstone, Maybelline Eyestudio Mono 750 in Chocolate Chic, Jemma Kidd Instant Lift Skin Perfecting Primer (sample size), Bourjous Healthy Mix Serum foundation in 51 Light vanilla, Maybelline The Eraser Eye concealer in light, Collection Lasting Perfection ultimate wear concealer in 1 Fair, Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry me, (Top to bottom) Rimmel Scandal Eyes Thick and Thin eyeliner in black, L'Oreal Super Liner Black Lacquer in black vinyl, Eyeko skinny eyeliner in black, Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express in black)
 
Well, that was a lot to type out!
 
Face/Complexion
 
I love the effect these products give my face when I use them all together. I firstly apply the primer if I feel I need my makeup to stay on longer that day, i.e if I'm going shopping all day. I apply the Collection concealer on all my redness, blemishes, spots, and I also put a little on my dark circles. I blend all this in with the Real Techniques expert face brush. I then take the Maybelline concealer and apply this under my eyes, to brighten up the area without a heavy coverage. I use one pump of the Bourjous serum, and dot it on my face. I again, take the real techniques brush and use a stippling motion to spread it across my face, and I then use circular movements to blend it in seamlessly. I then take a large kabuki, and use either of the 2 powders, depending on the type of coverage I'm looking for. The Rimmel one can look cakey when too much is applied, but works better to control my oil, yet the Maybelline one offers a lighter coverage, but looks better on the skin. I've recently been combining the two together. I apply them with a large kabuki brush. I then use an angled contour brush from the Fearne Cotton brush set I received as a gift, and I take the darker of the two colours and contour the hollows of my cheeks, as well as my jawline and temples, not too heavily though. The highlighter I just use my finger then blend it out with my kabuki. I place this along the top of my cheekbones, the tip of my nose, and my cupid's bow, as well as some on my forehead and chin, to accentuate those areas. I feel like this gives me some manageable dewy-ness, as I have oily/combination skin and anything too much just makes me look like a giant grease-ball.. not so good. I then just take a Lancôme small powder brush and apply the blusher to the apples of my cheeks, you can locate those by smiling. AND VOILA! Flawless canvas.
 
Eyes and Brows
 
 
 
Okay, so I know you're probably wondering why I have 3 liquid eyeliners. I used the Eyeko one for a rough line from my outer corner upwards to make sure they're both equal, as it is the easiest to remove. I then complete my cat eye and fill it in with the Rimmel one, and then if I want it glossy, I go ahead and apply the L'Oreal one on top after I've completed my eye shadow. Sounds like a lot, but it looks okay haha! I take the Maybelline colour tattoo and apply it all over my lid, blending it so it looks more natural. I then use a light cream matte shade from the FCUK palette and apply it along my brow bone and slightly in my inner corner blending it out so it graduates. I then take either the dark grey from the ELF quad or a darker brown from my palette and apply that on my outer corner, in a straight line up from my cat eye, then curving it downwards towards my inner corner, so it has a defined shape to it. I blend it inwards so it looks sharper on the outer corner. I then apply 2-3 coats of mascara, making my bottom ones long and spider-like. I then take whatever remains of the dark colour on my brush and run that along my lower lash line so that it makes my eyes look more smoky and also more open. That sounds very complicated, I'm not all that good at describing things in text! For my brows I fill them in with a No7 gel liner brush (like the one you get with the Maybelline gel liner) and make them a square shape at the front and very angled. Just think scouse-brow! I haven't included a separate section for lips, as all I do is apply my Maybelline baby lips, which isn't exactly difficult or descriptive.
 
So I hope you enjoyed this post! I might do this routine in pictures at some point so you can see the completed look. Sorry it sounded so repetitive but I didn't really know how else to word it..
 
I've also added up all the costs of the products I used, and it came to..
 
£113.78!!!
 


That wasn't even including tools, crazy that I use that much worth of stuff on my face every single day!
 
How much is your face worth?xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

a-reill.blogspot.com Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos