Saturday 17 August 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips: Review, hand, and lip swatches! | a-reill

Posted by Unknown at 12:07
Hello girlies!

I have a review today, of the every so infamous Maybelline Baby Lips!
Now, I wanted these badboys for absolutely FOREVER, but couldn't justify spending £7 or more on amazon.co.uk just to get them shipped over from America - and that was just for one tube of the stuff, redi-cu-lous prices! So, when I heard via the blogger-bird that these were released in the UK, I went on the prowl immediately to find them. After searching both my local boots and superdrug with no luck, it just so happened as I was in a neighbouring town, that they were stocked in there! But, they were by the till, so I wouldn't of known if it wasn't for the fact I was buying some more eyeliner, how sly of them! They were on 3 for 2, so of course, I snapped up 3 as quick as possible!

 
 
The shades left to right, are Cherry me, Pink punch, and Peach kiss. (Swatches on my hand and lips will be included at the end of this post.) These were sure worth waiting for!! The formula of these is so smooth and just glides on with ease, coating the lips in a non sticky balm, with quite good pigmentation - considering these are only a lip balm! My lips feel soft and supple after and when I have used these, and I have noticed a difference in them - these lip balms aren't any wonder workers like Carmex, but they do help keep my lips in good condition. If you're looking for a quick-fix to help salvage cracked lips, I would opt for something more intensive and perhaps medicated (like Carmex), but for everyday wear and maintenance these are perfect! They smell amazing too! Cherry me and Peach kiss smell like their name-fruit, but I'm not sure what Pink punch is supposed to smell like - to me it just smells like a sweet lovely smell! At £2.99 a pop, these are essential and I feel like everyone should own one - even guys!!! (Perhaps one of the 3 clear shades instead though..) The packaging is also very cute, these things are just full of plus's. My nan borrowed Cherry me, and liked it so much she asked me to go out and purchase one for her.. score! However, for night time wear I think it would be wise to buy a clear one, as I wore Peach kiss to bed, thinking it wouldn't be an issue as it was the palest one of the bunch. W R O N G. I woke up to find my lovely white pillow with a few peach-coloured smudges on it.. not too good. Next I will purchase Hydrate, to see if that offers anything as spectacularly good as the 3 tinted shades, anyway, BIG THUMBS UP MAYBELLINE!!

(Shades clockwise - Peach kiss, Cherry me, Pink punch)
Taken in direct sunlight, no flash






(Lip swatches [Shades clockwise - Pink punch, Cherry me, Peach kiss])
 
 
Overall star rating: 5/5
I am really impressed with these nifty little things, will you be going out to purchase any? xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

a-reill.blogspot.com Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos